Help Bring Our Son home!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Another busy week

    Life never seems to slow down does it. This past week has been a whirlwind as my brother underwent an eleven hour surgery on his spine and knee.  Brice and I have tried helping my mom every spare minute and it's been fun hanging out with family despite the rather trying situation.  David is recovering well although quite mad that he is required to walk.  He just wants to go home and I don't blame him.  Funny but having a brother is allot different than being a parent, as most of you prolly already know,  but recently I had some time to reflect and some things really bounced around and stuck deep within my brain.  I noticed that when David doesn't want to intake information, i.e. doesn't like what you are saying, he just chooses to close his eyes. The thought occurred to me that this was something I imagine our son, being deaf as well, will pull on us.
Allot of things are guesswork, David moaned and groaned and is obviously in allot of pain, but 30 min of drastically signing/miming over and over (on a scale of 1-10 your pain is... along with visual aid) and his answer always being a two, left me rather frustrated.  My exact words were. .. well if you are only a two you can walk home! He laughed and shut his eyes insisting he was a two.  I gave up. It was a strong reminder that Yes, despite fluency we will still struggle with language until our little one makes up for those missing years of visual language input. Allot will depend on many variables as to his progression. Another thought that occurred to me was the possibility that he might also one day be needing care in the hospital due to some unforseen issue that happened in utero or other life event and how blessed we were to have such wonderful care so close to our home. Contemplating all these things have given me comfort that yes indeed God has a plan and knowing HE will provide the needed funds to see us bring him home!

Www.Adopttogether.com/ourdeafadoption

No comments:

Post a Comment